Sunday 27 January 2013

Sunburst Tutorial

So I thought I'd try my hand at a tutorial!
I had this idea when I was feeling low about the horrible weather we're having in England at the moment. I wanted something that would brighten up my nails and remind me of summer, and what better than a sunburst!
Hopefully the sun will take a hint and come out!! 
So I was doing the nails and decided to take pictures of each stage, so why not make a tutorial out of it?
Here goes :)


This is everything I used:


Firstly paint your nails yellow (I used NYC lexington yellow)
When that's dry, add an orange gradient (I used NYC spring street) I use the tutorial by The Nailasaurus to do my gradient :)


When that was dry I added a yellow glitter (Revlon pineapple fizz- and it's scented!)

Then I added striping tape in a sunburst design from the side of my nail,  
(make sure you press the tape flush to your nail, I didn't press it down hard enough on my little finger and the blue polish bled under the tape!)
Then a layer of blue (Barry M blueberry ice-cream) peel the tape off while the blue is still wet. This stage happens quite quickly so I couldn't get a picture.

Clean up cuticles and around the nail, add a topcoat when its fully dry to prevent the lines from blurring, I added a yellow rhinestone to the centre of the sunburst while the topcoat was still wet, and that's it!!


(I'm having a bit of trouble trying to get the pictures the right way round!!!! does anyone have any advice?)
What do you think?
Let me know if you try this design, I'd love to see them!!!

Thanks
C x

No comments:

Post a Comment